Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the skin that keeps the skin moist and agile. As we age, this valuable component naturally decreases. Juvederm is a non-invasive hyaluronic acid-based filler that replenishes lost volume and improves the outer appearance of the skin. It is a popular injection treatment in areas where wrinkles reside closely together, because once injected, it spreads and is effective beyond the injection site. Dr. Connors is proud to offer Juvederm to Atlanta patients seeking a nonsurgical wrinkle correction alternative. Juvederm has been proven to be both safe and effective.
" I could NOT be happier with the services and products received at Dr. Connors office! First, making an appointment was super easy, the ladies in the front office are so extremely nice (and insanely beautiful) and the treatment from the time you walk in the door to the time you leave is so comforting. I had juvederm in my lips and it was slightly painful as expected (needles, duh) but he was so gentle and I couldn't be happier with the natural looking results. I'll be going back again and again. You have to try the TNS serum too. I share it with my celebrity clients and we are all addicted. Took 10 years off my face. And this latisse has my lashes looking better than they have EVER looked! Thank you guys so much! See you soon!! "- C.H. / Google / Dec 11, 2013
"Best Botox in Town! - Atlanta, GA - Dr. C does all my injections. Botox, Juvederm, Restylane and Sculptra and I always look and feel great! He knows just how to make you look younger but not overdone. Thanks!"- A. / RealSelf / Mar 27, 2012
"Lip filler/augmentation via Juvederm - This isn’t my 1st time filling my lips; however, I think it’s the best I’ve ever had. And I owe it to Maggie Schreck at Dr. John Connors office. Once again, thank you for going above and beyond.Maggie is truly an artist and able to visualize what small tweaks here or there can make the most impact, while always keeping in mind your goals and budget. She’s honest, kind, and realistic. She is now one of the only people I will let touch my face. So, I came in wanting better lips while my boyfriend was outdo town. She gave me the perfect lips with 3 units of Botox for an upper lip flip, 70% of the syringe of Juvederm and the other 30% remaining was used for softening my jowel or areas around my chin.Seriously, best lips ive ever had.I had minor bruising and swelling but very minor. Worth every penny.Thank you to all the staff at Dr John Connors’ office. You ladies are truly the best and make my life better."- A. / RealSelf / May 15, 2019
During your appointment, the areas of the injection sites will be marked and thoroughly cleaned prior to the treatment. With the possible comfort of local anesthesia and a numbing solution contained within Juvederm, the filler will be injected into the skin. After each injection, light pressure and a cooling ointment are applied to the area. Other than feeling a tingling sensation and some visible redness in the areas of the injections, there are usually no other side effects. Most patients are able to return to work with no downtime after their 15-30 minute Juvederm procedure.
What To Expect
The majority of patients who receive Juvederm will notice remarkable improvements after their very first treatment with results lasting up to one year. Patients are generally thrilled with the fast-acting, visible results that the injections provide. Since hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the human body, Juvederm side effects are intriguingly minimal with no missed time from normal activity.
Plan Your Procedure
- Recovery Time
- Average Procedure Time
- Post-op Follow-up
- Procedure Recovery Location
- Out Patient
Will The Injection Hurt?
The injection may cause some discomfort, although the size of the needle is very small. Lidocaine, a numbing solution, is contained within Juvederm to help diminish pain after the treatment. Our team will work hard to ensure patient comfort, and may choose to apply a local anesthetic to numb the area.
What Other Anti-Aging Options?
Although fillers have proved to be a terrific solution to make skin appear younger, there are other options to consider. Fat grafting, BOTOX and Dysport, as well as plastic surgery, all hold the potential to provide tremendous improvements to the skin. During the initial consultation, our team will discuss the comprehensive options and give recommendations for the absolute best procedure tailored to each patient’s desired outcome. This may include a combination of cosmetic treatments.
Will I Look 20 Again?
A Juvederm injection reduces fine lines and wrinkles for a softer appearance. While this product will not make you look 20 again, it will minimize the lines and wrinkles on the face, and provide a youthful glow that many patients desire. It is important to set realistic expectations. This will be discussed in detail during your consultation.